PIONEERING STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE IN HEALTHCARE
For more than sixty (60) years, Manila Doctors Hospital has embraced the challenge of providing accessible, world-class, quality healthcare.Founded in 1956 by a group of 14 doctors, Manila Doctors Hospital is a premiere private tertiary hospital that serves both local and international clients. It provides holistic care that exceeds industry standards and that anticipates and responds to the needs of the patients, their families, and the communities. Owned by Manila Medical Services, Inc., Manila Doctors is the health care affiliate of Metrobank Foundation, Inc., the corporate social responsibility arm of the Metrobank Group. It is located at #667 United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila. On February 27, 1979, Metrobank Foundation became the major stockholder of MMSI. From a 5-storey building in 1956, it has grown into a hospital complex providing holistic and globally competitive healthcare. Strategically located in the business district of Manila and a stone’s throw away from its historic sites, Manila Doctors embodies the resilience and dynamism of the nation’s capital. In 2016, Manila Doctors formally opened Norberto Ty Medical Tower (NTMT) II. The new 18-storey tower signals its growth not just in the expansion of hospital beds and rooms but also in terms of the increased number of doctors who can now practice their specializations. There is also an increased number of medical and diagnostic services being offered as well as the addition of one-stop shop wellness hub, vascular clinic and radiation oncology center which houses the most advanced cancer treatment– the Linear Accelerator (LINAC) and Brachytherapy. Over the years, MDH continually developed its entire medical and support departments to become one of the top five hospitals in Metro Manila. Recognized by international accreditors for providing quality and safe patient care, it is the first hospital to acquire an ISO 9001:2000 Certification in 2005. It has been recertified as an ISO 9001:2008 institution starting in 2011. Committed to giving excellent and safe patient care, the Hospital continues to adhere to standards set by Accreditation Canada International (ACI). The Platinum Level builds on the foundations of quality, safety, and client-centered care. Organizations complete an on-site survey by ACI every three years to evaluate their program requirements. The hospital’s Platinum Level accreditation will be valid from June 2022 to June 2025. Manila Doctors was accredited Gold during the three cycles of the rigorous evaluation process of ACI in August 2011, 2014, and again in 2017. Being accredited Platinum by ACI ensures the continuation of the hospital’s adherence to the principles of accreditation in upholding the standard of excellence and quality improvement in its policies, practices, and programs.
International RecognitionManila Doctors was recognized by the International Hospital Federation- World Hospital Congress for two consecutive years in 2016 and 2017. It is a member of the International Hospital Federation during the 41st World Hospital Congress. For 2017, its entry “Climate Impact Mitigation Actions: An Eleven-Year Journey of Manila Doctors Hospital in Institutionalizing Climate Change Adaption” competed against 231 entries from 28 countries which includes ministries of health, health authorities, and public research hospitals. Manila Doctors Hospital is also a reporting member of good standing of the United Nationas Global Compact (UNGC).
VisionThe preferred center of excellence in multi-specialty patient care, medical education-training-research, and exceptional customer experience.
- We deliver safe, quality, and excellent comprehensive care with the best customer experience and clinical outcomes.
- We nurture healthcare professionals through innovative infrastructure and expert-led training programs.
- We are a highly engaged and values-based organization.
- We partner with communities in providing healthcare services and programs based on their needs.
- We commit to growth and sustainable value for our shareholders.
GoalTo provide holistic quality and safe patient care for all Filipino and International clients
Our Corporate Objectives
- To provide health care services that exceed the needs of Manila Doctors Hospital’s clients or customers; all pertinent statutory and regulatory requirements; and the expectations of MDH Top Management
- To conduct training programs that will continually improve services
- To conduct researches that will continually improve services
- To provide competent staff at all times
- To continually improve our quality and risk management system
- To provide corporate social responsibility services for the underprivileged and underserved in the community
Our Quality Policy
We at Manila Doctors Hospital commit ourselves to meeting our stakeholder’s expectations by providing
- Excellent performance in all services and authorized functions
- Effective and efficient health services, training and research
- Patient-centered personnel
- Continual improvement of services so as to achieve excellence in quality and safe patient care
Our Core Values
- Service with compassion